(1) Learning Pilates from other than a real live instructor is not easy,
and does carry some slight risks. You should (in addition to these notes)
attend a course of certified Pilates mat sessions.
This is the safest way to learn, and it's also a lot of fun!
(2) Please ensure that you are competent in "Pilates Contrology".
(free pdf e-book).
Setup for Side Kick Series: Inner Thigh Lifts & Circles:
Action for Side Kick Series: Inner Thigh Lifts.
- Reach down behind your ankle, pull your foot up and plant it in front of your hip.
- Turn your knee out to the ceiling.
- Engage your powerhouse and keep your shoulders and
hips vertically stacked.
Action for Side Kick Series: Circles.
Breathe normally: Lengthen and lift your lower leg. Keep the knee locked and the toe toward the kneecap.
- Lengthen and lower.
(Classical Pilates Technique: The Side Kick Series: Inner Thigh Lifts & Circles , Scroll right>>>...)
Make a big circle with your your leg toward the front, then up around and back.
- Reverse the direction.
Classical Pilates for Beginners:
The Side Kick Series: Inner Thigh Lifts & Circles
Level: Beginner, Repetitions: Lifts: 5-8
Circles - 6 each way.
(In classical Pilates Exercise, the Up and Down Kick preceeds the Side Kick Series: Small Circles).
Beats on the Belly.
Roll over onto your stomach, place your forehead on your hands...
Classic Pilates Cueing:
- Lengthen up, and lengthen down.
- Lift Lift, lower lower.
- Circle round and one and two and three...
- Reverse and one and two and three...
- Stretches the uppermost buttock just when it is ready to respond to stretching.
- Works the thigh adductors.
Don't let an injury or weakness stop you!
There is always a modification. Take your time and find the right one for you.
If in doubt, seek advice!
- Circle the leg just as much behind as you do forward.
- Stay stacked and stable - Imagine that buttocks and shoulders are lined up
against the wall behind you.
- Keep the upper knee pointing to the ceiling and the foot firmly planted on the ground.
- Back, sacrum or knee pain - put your knee on a cushion, with the foot on the ground if you can.
- Neck pain or tight shoulder- place your head on an oustretched arm or cushion.
Classical Pilates Technique: The Side Kick Series: Inner Thigh Lifts & Circles , © Bruce Thomson, EasyVigour Project