- The OBP of Cross-Country Skiing (1): Tennis Elbow
- Introduces the concept of "Optimal Body Position" (OBP) to explain the cause of damage,
and the slowness of healing, of the skier's "tennis elbow". By the end of the article, you will
also have some tips on how to minimize that damage.
(See also "OBP Cures Tennis Elbow" for the most in depth
discussion of Tennis Elbow on the web).
- The OBP of Cross-Country Skiing (2): Sway back
- The concept of "Optimal Body Position" (OBP) is applied to "Sway back",
a common postural defect which we carry with us into our skiing.
Some swayback posture exercises are included.
(See also Engage Gluteus maximus! for an in depth
discussion of Problems associated with this oft times "lazy giant" of a muscle).
- Managing Exercise Induced Asthma in XC-Skiing
- Authored by fellow skiier Clare-Louise Brumley (B. Occ. Therapy, Grad. Dip.
Nutrition/Medicine), this short article is power packed with research based information
on both cause and management of this distressing condition.
- Surgical Face Masks for Exercise Induced Asthma
- Astma is a common race start problem. Surgical Face Masks make for a good Management Strategy!
- The OBP of Cross-Country Skiing (3):
- Skating, free style skiing, golfing, and sitting cross legged have two things in common: A
faulty pattern of movment, and the "Piriformis Muscle Syndrome".